Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT TODAY

Hello..I had an appointment today, weighed in at 207 this morning.  This is very exciting to me.  It's been effortless.  I have been on mushie food (sneaking in a couple of solids here and there very carefully).  I have been craving real food again.  I got the green light!  I am so excited.  I plan on eating fish and veggies and still trying to fit in my protein shakes (I am so sick of them!)  I looked online last night for creative ways to hide the protein.  I have a huge bag of vanilla and chocolate and I need to make sure that I use it so buying tasteless is not an option at this point.  My hubby told me to mix some vanilla in the vanilla pudding I was eating.  Not too bad..so I will need to be more aware of this each day.  I have mixed it in my morning coffee but it ends up so clumpy.  Any suggestions??

So at the doctor's appointment I had to confess that I have not done one ounce of exercise.  She chastised me for this.  I know I need to get moving if I want to see the scale move consistently.  I have been thinking about getting the Wii Fit back out.  I cannot find the disk for it.  I tore the house apart.  Game Stop has a used one for $4.99 so I will probably just replace it.  I have wasted more time looking.  I am also thinking about getting Wii Zumba.  I am intrigued by this.  Anyone out there use it yet?  Any other fun activity games to think about for this time of year?  I don't want the weather to be an excuse for not moving right now.

Hope everyone is doing well!  I am loving life right now!!!

Tracy

6 comments:

  1. My first solid food was scrambled eggs ... and oh... was it ever the best thing I had ever eaten, lol -

    Ever since I had the green light .. I started eating alot of fish ... like salmon and mahi mahi - there are so many great recipes that you can find on line for us banded ladies and gents !

    I add my protein to plain yogurt - that chocolate protein should taste really good in that. Also I make fruit smoothies and add flavored and non flavored protein - tastes great and I am able to get in my protein for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think with exercise - start out slow and totally doable - it's so easy to get revved up and then start doing things that we end up hating - so just take one day at a time and do one little thing - and then the next day you can do a teensy bit more of that one little thing. Eventually, you'll be surprised - you'll have developed a habit!!

    Great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great! :) 20 lbs gone already!

    I'm afraid I'm going to have to confess I haven't done much exercising at my appointment if I don't kick my butt into gear! But that's a great idea to use the Wii Fit! I hadn't even thought of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job...

    http://rachelthinwitin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you and a 20lb weight loss is awesome! I don't have a great suggestion for adding protein to your food, but I do love the pre-made premier protein shakes. I get them at my local costco. They taste great. Good luck with the exercise - its hard - you just have to do it when you don't feel like doing it. Its those small changes that make such a big difference! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome! You're doing such a great job. I know how you feel about the exercise. I am dying to get the Wii Zumba!!! If you try it, let me know how it is! I was going to see if I could find it cheaper online cause the last time I looked, it was like almost $70! yikes!

    I tried to sneak a couple real foods early too cause I had my appetite back early. I had insane cravings for mashed potatoes and a few other things. Most of the foods didn't really work with me cause it was too soon, but I had to at least try just to get the craving over wit. Certain things turned me off for good, cause I got so sick from attempting to eat them. You live and learn I guess lol

    My favorite protein option is to make myself a vanilla protein shake, but I mix in the target off brand of crystal light in it with some ice. My favorite flavor right now is the lime margarita. I've made it everyday on my way to work for the past week and a half, I'm hooked!! I put it in my blender w/ ice and it's like an actual blended margarita, minus the tequila or the buzz :) If you;re not a fan of lime margaritas, you can try mixing any other flavors of crystal light w/ some blended ice so it's not your typical boring vanilla or chocolate shake.

    ReplyDelete