Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Losing Hair

I have had a problem with hair loss over the last few months. I knew this may be an issue but wasn't too worried because I have very thick hair.

Now I am worrying!! My hair is getting thin. It still looks normal, but feels so different.

How can I stop this? I feel that I am getting an adequate amount of Protein.

Any suggestions from you experienced banders?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

7 comments:

  1. I had this happen for about 3 months about 4 months post surgery.... I didn't do anything differently and all of a sudden it settled down. Reading over this, I can see I'm not offering any help, but hopefully yours will settle down and stop coming out!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 4 months out so that does go along with what you are saying. I hope you are right :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happened to me about 4 months out. I take Biotin everyday and it does seem to help. Try not to freak out, it will grow back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My did the same...but came back. Now it seems to be doing it again 8 months later....just not as much this time.

    Don't worry....at least you started with thick hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have very thin fine hair, and I was terrified that I would lose so much that it would definitely show!! I could see how much I lost everytime I showered, because the drain would be full of hair!!

    I took Biotin and Zinc, in fact I still do. I also shampooed with Nioxin. A lot of us Bandster's swear by it. But since your hair is thick, I doubt that you will have a problem. Usually the hair loss slows way down if not stopped within 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah me too, my hair is falling out and it is scary because everytime I brush my hair more comes out. I am 5 months post surgery!

    I will go over to the drug store tomorrow and get some Biotin and Zinc and see if that helps.

    Thank you Tracy for posting about your hair loss cause I thought I was the only one and now have found out it has happened to alot of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't stress out. Hair loss is normal after body "trauma" like surgery or pregnancy. I would say I lost hair from month three or four until month eight or nine. Lots of it, but I still look normal.

    ReplyDelete